|Areas Repaired||Retaining Wall|
|Repair Types||A thin polymer composition of the Polyforce Hardener allows the applied material to permeate the concrete surface up to 15 millimeters deep. 100% of cured Polyforce material will reside under the surface of treated concrete.|
|Issues||Cracks in retaining wall|
Toronto Pearson International Airport - Retaining Wall Repairs
The thin polymer composition of the Polyforce Hardener allows the applied material to permeate the concrete surface up to 15 millimeters deep. 100% of cured Polyforce material will reside under the surface of treated concrete.
This unique quality allows our applications to withstand severe static hydraulic pressure, which is present in all retaining walls. Polyforce Hardener creates a composite monolithic concrete surface impermeable to moisture, weather elements. The application significantly prolongs the useful life of the concrete and reduces futures maintenance and cracks.
Following the application, the concrete was painted in a light gray colour with a special Polyforce Protective paint. The paint blends the repaired area with the rest of the exterior finish and provides added armoring against the elements.
Repair costs are far cheaper than injection concrete and are 300% longer lasting.
According to third party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Polyforce Plus mixed with Basalt reaches a compressive strength of 150 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair