Duka Property Management
|Areas Repaired||Elevator Pit|
|Issues||Cracks, Concrete Delamination|
The elevator shaft had minimal leaks and exhibited delaminated concrete.
All repairs were done from the negative side (inside).
Polyforce Plus was used to stop the immediate leak with further patching of cracks. Fiberglass fabric, combined with fast setting cement and Polyforce Plus applications were put on the walls.
According to third party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Polyforce Plus mixed with Basalt reaches a compressive strength of 150 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair