Green rock property management Limited
|Areas Repaired||Ceiling of Underground Garage|
|Repair Types||Polyforce Plus|
|Issues||Severely aged Expansion Joint caused leaks, which resulted in concrete and re-bar deterioration.|
Underground Parking of an apartment building in Toronto.
Expansion Joints, Ceiling Concrete patch work, Support Column Repair
Severely aged Expansion Joint caused leaks, which resulted in concrete and re-bar deterioration.
The repair of Expansion Joints was done from a negative side by injection of PolyFlex.
Old Expansion Joints were removed and the Joint surfaces were cleaned.
A strip of fiberglass with injection nozzles was installed on the ceiling. PolyFlex was injected into the joint. PolyFlex is completely liquid when applied, which makes it ideal for this type of application. PolyFlex's increased adhesion to concrete with the ability to stretch to 200% of its applied volume provides sustainable and long lasting results. PolyFlex is ideal for Expansion Joint repair and waterproofing.
Ceiling concrete repairs
Paint and delaminated concrete was removed from the ceiling and the column. The concrete surface was cleaned. Polyforce Plus was applied as a patch material in all the areas in need of repair.
Polyforce Plus mixed with white pigment (for colouring) was applied as a final decorative quote to match the rest of the surface.
In accordance with third-party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to the following:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair
- Application of PolyFlex from the negative side reduces cost by 90% when compared to the traditional method of repair
- 10 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- PolyFlex is able to expand and compress 200%
- 200% expansion and compression does not affect adhesion or tensile strength of PolyFlex