Green rock property management Limited
|Repair Types||Polyforce Plus, Basalt|
Parking Garage - Manhole CoverageThis city project required the coverage of a manhole, which normally cannot be done due to the lack of adhesion between metal and concrete.
Under traditional repair methods, patching requires a minimum of two-inch demolition in the affected area. The use of our unique products, Polyforce Plus, and polymer cement, permits thin-patch applications, making adhesion possible even between metal and concrete. The whole job is much more cost-efficient and faster.
Our patching process is as follows:
- Delaminated and unsound concrete is removed.
- Polyforce Plus Adhesive is applied as an adhesive layer. Its impressive 1.85 MPa adhesive strength ensures monolithic adhesion.
- Within 40 minutes, the actual patch is applied. On very thin patches (less than a ¼ of an inch), Polyforce Polymer Cement is used; otherwise, regular cement.
Traditionally speaking, two slabs of concrete cannot be glued together when there is a crack. This, however, is not the case through the use of our specialized materials which make monolithic 1.85 MPa adhesion possible. Not only can we repair concrete but also restore it to its original condition, even when wet. It works both on single cracks and concrete surfaces with multiple issues - no need for complete resurfacing. Such rehabilitation is even done on concrete surfaces that are combined with metal structures.
The following process was applied:
- Cracks were routed with a saw to create a V-groove to prep the area for repair.
- The crack was filled with Polyforce Plus Adhesive which ensures immediate and durable monolithic adhesion.
- The crack was patched with the polymer cement.
- Waterproofing Polyforce Plus Primer was applied over the area.
In accordance with third-party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to the following:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Polyforce Plus mixed with Basalt reaches a compressive strength of 150 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair