|Areas Repaired||Outdoor stairs|
|Repair Types||Polyforce TRIPLEX coating - Polyforce Plus Adhesive Primer, Basalt / Black Cement Patching, Basalt top coat, Fiberglass non slippery surface application|
|Issues||Severe concrete delamination, Stairs were "beyond repair"|
Outdoor Concrete Stairs Repair
Severely deteriorated concrete on stairs was in a near of "beyond repair" state. A regular repair method would not be applicable as the patch thickness needed to be less than a quarter of an inch.
The delaminated concrete was removed. The Concrete surfaces were cleaned and the exposed rebar was cleaned from rust.
Polyforce Plus was mixed with Basalt to a paste like consistency. The acquired patch mass was applied to all cavities to restore the geometry of stairs.
The entire stairs surfaces were treated with a clear coat of Polyforce Plus. This application provides weather proofing and increased resistance to mechanical intrusions.
In accordance with third-party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to the following:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair