|Areas Repaired||Elevator Pit|
|Repair Types||Polyforce Plus, Triplex|
This project Managed by Thyssenkrupp Elevator.
Concrete Repair, Negative Side Waterproofing
The elevator shaft had significant leaks.
All repairs were done from the negative side (inside).
Polyforce Plus was used to stop the immediate leak with further patching of cavities and cracks. Fiberglass fabric, combined with cement board and Polyforce Plus applications were put on the walls to reinforce the weakened structure.
The repair was done in 3 days.
According to third party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair