|Areas Repaired||Bridge Deck|
|Repair Types||Polyforce Plus|
|Issues||Severely deteriorated and deemed almost beyond repair|
The bridge deck was severely deteriorated and deemed almost beyond repair.
The repair method selected is extremely cost efficient.
It mostly consists of:
- Clearing away the delaminated concrete
- Applying a thin bond coat of Polyforce Plus
- Patching with regular concrete while the bond layer is still wet
- Finishing the surface with a thin coat of Polyforce Plus for a protective long lasting finish
The repair was done very quickly with minimal prep work or effort
According to third party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair