|Issues||The slab of the balcony was 40% deteriorated and in need of urgent repair.|
The slab of the balcony was 40% deteriorated and in need of urgent repair.
The deteriorated concrete was removed, the original reinforcement rebar was cleaned with a metal brush, and the new rebar was installed to reinforce the new section of the slab.
After the forming was installed, Polyforce Plus and the sand mix were casted into the form.
Once the new section was set, Polyforce Plus was applied on the entire surface of the slab to create a uniform, weather proofed coating.
The top of the slab was treated with anti-slippery Polyforce Plus Coat.
In accordance with third-party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to the following:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair