|Repair Types||Basalt Coating, Fibreglass Coating, Patching, Surface Coating (Epoxy)|
|Issues||Concrete severly delaminated|
Concrete Stairs Repair
Severely deteriorated concrete on stairs was in a near of "beyond repair" state. A regular repair method would not be applicable as the patch thickness needed to be less than a quarter of an inch.
The delaminated concrete was removed. The Concrete surfaces were cleaned..
Polyforce Plus was mixed with Basalt to a paste like consistency. The acquired patch mass was applied to all cavities to restore the geometry of stairs.
The entire stairs surfaces were treated with a clear coat of Polyforce Plus. This application provides weather proofing and increased resistance to mechanical intrusions.
According to third party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Polyforce Plus mixed with Basalt reaches a compressive strength of 150 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair