|Areas Repaired||Wall and columns|
|Issues||Sever concrete delamination|
The purpose of the repair was to protect the Bridge Pier from the weather elements.
Polyforce Plus Basalt material was used to coat exposed rebar and concrete cracks. This application completely rustproofs the rebar and stops already formed rust from spreading. Covering concrete cracks and spalls with Polyforce Plus Basalt will water and weather proof concrete surface, which will significantly extend the useful life of the Pier.
According to third party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Polyforce Plus mixed with Basalt reaches a compressive strength of 150 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair