Icc Property Management
Under traditional repair methods, patching requires a minimum of two-inch demolition in the affected area. The use of our unique products, Polyforce Plus Adhesive, and Polyforce Polymer Cement, permits thin-patch applications, even on walls and ceilings, without use of any forming or concrete injection, making the job much more cost-efficient and faster. The combination of Polyforce Plus Adhesive and Polymer Cement creates a monolithic patch which is able to restore structural integrity of repaired slab.
Our patching process is as follows:
- Delaminated and unsound concrete is removed.
- Polyforce Plus Adhesive is applied as an adhesive layer. Its impressive 1.85 MPa adhesive strength ensures monolithic adhesion
- Within 40 minutes, the actual patch is applied. On very thin patches (less than a ¼ of an inch), Polyforce Polymer Cement is used; otherwise, regular cement.
When it is necessary to repair floor drain, two problems must be addressed: the deterioration of the concrete around the drain, and the corroded entrance of the drain itself.
Traditional repair of a drain, involves its complete removal, including the pipe. Then the concrete opening is chipped, patched, and repaired. The new drain with the pipe are installed and sealed.The piping of the new drain must be joined with the old connection. This procedure is very effort-intensive, costly, and requires partial shutting down of the site.
Thanks to the use of our specialized applications, drain removal is unnecessary, which represents significant savings in labor and cost.
The following procedure is applied:
- The concrete is shaved.
- The metal of the drain is cleaned and coated with Polyforce Plus Adhesive.
- Fiberglass lining is installed over the drain so that it starts from the top of the slab around the drain and continues deep into the drain itself, creating a continuous funnel. Water will now flow over this lining instead of going in between the concrete and the drain, thus preventing the drain from leaking.
Polyforce Plus Adhesive
The use of specialized product, Polyforce Plus Adhesive, permits restoration of the carrying capacity of the slab through monolithic concrete patching and crack repair, providing an alternative to complete slab recasting.
Polyforce Plus coating is tested to provide 25 years of freeze and thaw waterproofing with no degradation and water permeation. This material is rated to expand and contract with concrete, ensuring long-lasting adhesion of concrete patches due to its impressive 1.85 MPa adhesive strength (compared to 1.2 MPa tensile strength of the original concrete). This makes the patch and the old concrete slab work as one.
Polyforce Plus, when mixed with basalt, achieves compressive strength of 150 MPa, making it ideal for surfaces that suffer high mechanical intrusion or increased and prolonged exposure to light acids..
Versatility of application and high strength of installation produce significant cost savings, when compared to traditional concrete repairs.
Polyforce Polymer Cement
Polymer Cement was designed for fast and thin patch applications. When combining patch application of Polymer Cement with high-strength industrial concrete adhesives, many applications which would otherwise be too expensive to execute become cost-effective and feasible. Most typical applications include valley resurfacing, slope reversals, crack repair patches, and stair and balcony repairs.
Polymer Cement is designed to perform in thicknesses ranging from 0.01 inches to 0.25 and beyond. The material performs at 99% dry finish volume.