|Areas Repaired||Warehouse floor|
|Repair Types||• Crack and Cavity repair
• Removal of de-laminated concrete
• Hardener application, which will restore mechanical strength as well as provide de-dusting treatment
• Sealer application – provide long lasting surface coat
|Issues||The warehouse loading area floor had significant deterioration and was producing a lot of concrete dust.|
LCBO - Warehouse Flooring
Floor Repair and Coating
This treatment would provide the following:
- Crack and Cavity repair
- Removal of de-laminated concrete
- Hardener application, which will restore mechanical strength as well as provide de-dusting treatment
- Sealer application – provide long lasting surface coat
The warehouse loading area floor had significant deterioration and was producing a lot of concrete dust.
The treated area was comprised of two floor slabs with a former footing of a previously removed wall. As a result, any patches covering these 3 concrete slabs were constantly de-laminating. The floor also had embedded metal rails and cut off conduit pipes.
All surfaces were cleared of loose concrete and debris.
A clear coat of Polyforce Plus was applied to fill all cavities, cracks, rails and conduits.
Another thick coat of Polyforce Plus was applied to the entire treated surface to level. This self leveling coat produced a smooth even and monolithic surface.
A final decorative coat of Polyforce Plus and Flakes mix was applied to produce a uniform "glass" decorative non slippery surface.
In accordance with third-party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to the following:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair