Toronto Pearson International Airport
|Areas Repaired||Concrete Patching - Pearson Airport, Air side|
|Repair Types||Concrete repair|
The repair was done with a mix of Polyforce Plus and Sand.
Following a general cleaning of the area with a metal brush drill attachment, the spalling was filled.
The repair took 30 minutes with 4.5 hours of curing time after the repair.
A unique quality of Polyforce Plus is the ability to work at less than 1 millimeter thickness at 100% output. This means that the material could be finished flush with the spalling without any demolition work to the repaired area.
The conventional repair with concrete would involve cutting at least 1 inch deep into the slab. This would be extremely expensive and would require closure of the area for an extended period of time.
In accordance with third-party testing, the repaired surfaces are rated to the following:
- 25 years of useful life
- 0% water permeation
- Polyforce Plus is rated to expand and contract with concrete
- The entire surface and volume of the slab is "monolithic"
- Compressive strength of 85 MPa
- Polyforce Plus mixed with Basalt reaches a compressive strength of 150 MPa
- Adhesive strength of 1.85 MPa (original concrete has only 1.2 MPa of a tensile strength, so the bond is stronger than the concrete itself)
- Repair is 60% cost of a traditional repair